BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Foiled again!

I had big plans, big plans indeed.

It's been a good while since I've made a butterfly cane and I was figuring it was about time. I've got a fair amount of monarch (blue, orange and green) and a good hunk of morpho left so I figured I'd work on a Swallowtail sometime today....
very exciting right?

So last night as I'm preparing dinner (see below) I somehow, carelessly, drag my finger along the open can of pineapple, I feel searing pain and a grinding of (bone? nail?) along the can. Gross gross! so i'm bleeding all over and wow, the pain is just incredible, I'm used to hurting myself and never had a cut like this! Sat down trying not to cry like a little girl and held my dripping finger in papertowel 'till it settled down. It hurt all night and woke me up everytime it touched anything. Lame.

So whats this mean? no caning for Adria, not with a big old bandage and a whole finger too sore to even type with. *sighs*
but hey, dinner was delicious!


Adria's Polynesian-ish Chicken Brochettes

4 chicken breast halves, cubed for brochettes
mushrooms,peppers, onions (whatever you'd like for brochettes, chopped large enough so they wont burn)
1 can of pineapple *chunks* with juice reverved
Marinade:
3 T apricot jam
2 T soy sauce
2 T your favorite sweet bbq sauce
2 tsp grated ginger (or 1 t dry)
2 large cloves minced garlic

At least 3 hours before cooking combine all marinade ingredients (you can add oil but I don't feel it's necessary, I'd rather spray my grill if needed) and drop in your mushrooms and chicken, stir to coat, cover and set in fridge.

20 minutes before cooking stir in about half your reserved pineapple juice.

Assemble brochettes combining marinate chicken and mushroom pieces with pineapple and veggies, brush with leftover marinade.

Grill skewers 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear.

Optional and more delicious:
1 pound of bacon,slice bacon in half (width not length) and boil for a few minutes, let cool. Wrap each chicken cube in a piece of bacon before adding to your skewer, brush with marinade and grill as usual.

1 comments:

Beadcomber said...

Ouch! and big sympathetic *Awwww*, Adria! Those lids are darn sharp. Your recipe sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing! Love your blog :)